Sunday, March 17, 2013

Blue Lagoon

Really, I should be posting pictures of me in a bikini and mud mask.  But my camera wasn't along with me in the pool area.  And, you know: embarrassment factor.  That bikini is 13 years old and getting ragged.  I'm hoping it lasts through the next six weeks.  Fingers crossed.

I spent the whole day in the Blue Lagoon (http://www.bluelagoon.com/).  Amazing mix of thermal hot water, some salt and some non, algae, minerals, etc.  Plus a swim up bar.  But given a beer runs about $15 here, I'm being temperate.  It was so relaxing to just enjoy the hot water, the steam room, sauna, and waterfall.  The wind blows across the pool and the steam billows in a very "here be dragons" way. Very atmospheric and lovely.

Hoping for the northern lights tonight, if only to satisfy my new friends' desires to see them.  Feel a bit of a fraud as an Alaskan tourist up here.







No comments:

Post a Comment