After hiking to a few
more spectacular places in Arches National Park, I headed north and east to
Avon, Colorado. Why Avon? To see Wendy and Warren, Lindsey’s aunt and
uncle. Confused? Go back and Check November and December. More family!
We had a lovely visit which included laundry, a car wash, and the GoPro
Mountain Games in Vail. The “games” – I
really can’t bring myself to call them sports – included bouldering, kayaking,
slack-lining, and bicycle jumping. Fun
to watch, nonetheless. Wendy and
Warren are wonderful hosts. I’m already
angling to return during ski season!
Then I headed down to Denver to see Christine (and her new
dog Opus). We visited the Botanical
Gardens and talked and talked and talked.
Wonderful to see old friends, and the bonsai collection in the gardens
is splendid.
Spent today visiting Julie – yet another old friend! Yes, Dad – more of them! We hit the Golden Triangle of Denver – seeing
museums and other cultural locations. That’s
me in front of a giant cow. Denver’s
version of art.
It’s striking how different traveling is now that I am back
in America and it is after Memorial Day.
I forgot about the day (and oops, a birthday or two) while rafting in
the canyon. The crowds in Arches
reminded me, and now the heat in Denver is bringing home that it is
summer! My future plans are written in
Jello, but Alaska is sounding better and better. Except it hit 78 there today. Maybe Antarctica?



No comments:
Post a Comment