Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Remodel - Before Shots

It seems jarring to switch my travel blog into a remodel blog, but I suppose it is all part of the theme.  Peregrinations suggest flight, but also nesting.  Time for me to make my nest!

My new home is a tiny condo in a historical 1950 Art Deco building on 6th Avenue.  I’ll be the first to admit it isn’t perfect.  One bedroom means all of you who come to visit will become acquainted with my floor or the hotel located two blocks away.  It has an assigned parking space but it isn’t covered.  The place has been rented to a cabbage-cooking tenant for much too long.  But the location is great, the price is right, and the size is ideal.


And to make it perfect, the remodel begins now!  I’m ripping out everything – floors, blinds, kitchen cabinets and appliances, the whole bathroom, doors, closet doors.  And by I, I of course mean Gene.  My general contractor and bonus brother. 


Ugly, boring, and smelly!


Who knows what evil lurks under that cast iron tub?


Meh.  Time to fix this!

No comments:

Post a Comment