Two days of scuba diving in Cozumel so far. We’ve seen five spotted eagle rays, two
sharks, some monster sized grouper, many pretty fish, and a turtle. I’ve never scubaed Mexico before, but it’s
close enough geographically to Belize that things here definitely seem
familiar.
Speaking of familiar, it is funny how people you know so
well can still surprise you. In this
case I speak of myself surprising The Lindz.
We’ve never been dive buddies before, despite having each been certified
for over a dozen years. Timing, I
suppose. But we’ve been buddying for
these dives and we just learned that she can hear me sing….underwater. I do the same thing while skiing, but no one
can hear me there. I suppose I just do
it for rhythm. Breathe in, sing out,
breathe in, sing out. Given the slowness
of scuba breathing I think she thought it was something classical. Arguably the 80s are now classic rock, but I
was singing “Push It” by Salt N Peppa.
“Yo yo yo yo baby pops, yes you!” sung through a respirator at 80 feet
isn’t exactly whale song, but Lindsey took it pretty well.
Our tan lines continue apace, and the bugs are still
targeting me. But the guacamole keeps
coming, so this is a great place.
THe orange and green continue to fight their way around the Space Needle. :)
ReplyDeleteNext time we dive, I want to hear some hard core gangsta rap coming out of your respirator!
ReplyDelete