Dear Boston,
I’m leaving you. But
this isn’t a “Dear John” letter. I’m not
breaking up with you. It’s been a tough
week, no? Lots of loud noises: booming
explosions, screaming sirens, some shouting.
Lots of uncertainty. Plenty of
stress. But here’s the thing: I know we
are in a new relationship, but I think we can come through all that. I like you.
You’ve been very nice to me. You
went out of your way to be helpful and sweet, maybe because that’s just you, or
maybe because you wanted to show that the stressful stuff wasn’t you. You’ve given me directions when I was lost,
you’ve fed me, and you’ve given me some great books to read. You have cool armor. I’m not saying this with stars in my
eyes. You have your faults. Your driving is atrocious. Your potholes probably eat mopeds. You can be arrogant about the weirdest
things. Sweet Caroline has nothing to do
with the Red Sox. You eat way too much
Dunkin Donuts and should have your cholesterol checked. But for all that, I really like you. So, let’s keep this up. Maybe it’ll be a long distance relationship,
but that’ll work too.
Love,
Lucy
this is adorable.
ReplyDelete