Saturday, November 10, 2012

As many of you know, I am the queen of list making.  But packing for this trip may be my undoing.  I have so many bags and boxes splayed across the room, and who knows what's in what.  Due to logistics, I'm packing 4 bags and storing the rest of my worldly goods.

Bag 1: Scuba gear and Mexico.  Can't finish that up because my BCD and regulator are still at the shop being serviced.  But some sandals, swimsuits, and sunscreen...what else can I need??

Bag 2: Europe.  I haven't even started this one.  I have a list for it though!  And I have the bag!

Bag 3 (actually a box): Mailing to Boston so I can grab it in March.  Mostly contains refreshers of clothing, since I am assuming things will be rags by the time I hit the US again.  Filled and sealed.  Must get to the post office.

Bag 4: Gear for the Grand Canyon.  In some ways this is the easiest, because I have a set packing list for this leg of the trip.  And having paddled the river twice before, I have a good sense of what I need.  The weakness of this plan is that I will have a car with me and I am being a bit indulgent about tossing more and more in.  Must stop.

All other things are being packed up for storage, or just being tossed on the ever-growing Goodwill pile.  If anyone needs some clothes or shoes, there are plenty here for the taking.  It's crazy to see how much STUFF I have.  And that is after having winnowed down over the past year.

In other news, my plant is going to a good foster home while I am gone.  But he is blooming like crazy, as if to remind me how awesome he is.  Don't worry Christmas Cactus, I'll be coming back for you.

1 comment:

  1. I am dubious as to how much actual "stuff" you could really possess at this point. So there.

    ReplyDelete