Monday, January 7, 2013

Nafplion

Two days in Greece, two frappes later...  That would be a traditional Greek iced coffee with milk and sugar.  Hear that?  I may have FINALLY learned to drink coffee.  Also eating yoghurt with honey in a sundae dish.  It's hard to think of that as breakfast when it is so sweet and tasty, but I'll struggle through somehow.  And because we arrived for Epiphany, they are making the special and seasonal tureki bread.  Yum!

It's wonderful here.  Sunny and beautiful, and the weather report says it will snow tonight.  So confusing, as it must have been in the 60s as we climbed up to the Fortress of Palamidi.  With all the ancient ruins in Greece, we managed to instead hit the (relatively, CE 1710) modern Venetian fort.  Dur.  But the climb was great, and although I have no real proof, I think my butt is getting shapelier under this regime.



Yo Venetians, Turks coming..... (so glad I read John Julius Norwich all those years ago).


2 comments: