Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Cooking


Per Lindsey’s request, we spent a day at the Chiang Mai Thai Cookery School.  As I imagine most of you know, my cooking skills are not the best.  I was a bit worried about lighting myself on fire (again).  But this was great fun.  The teaching style is very engaging, and they setup for each station makes it very easy to focus on the recipe.  The day flew by.  Maybe I like cooking.  What I don’t like is grocery shopping!  We learned six recipes including a soup, fishcakes, green curry, phad thai, chicken salad, and water chestnut dessert.  For the most part, they were delicious.  I overcooked my phad thai, and the texture on the water chestnuts was odd.  I’m thinking of making that one with apple instead.


Action shot - fishcakes.


Obligatory food shot.


I made this!

1 comment:

  1. You're cooking for us next time -- I'd love to hear/learn more about your Thai cooking!

    ReplyDelete