I’ve been busy with life maintenance this week. Rather a tricky transition. I’m in Alaska for just the one week, then off
to SE Asia, returning November 1st.
My new job starts on November 4th so I need to be somewhat
prepped for that. To wit, I have
unpacked one week of “professional” clothing.
I have sorted out the bag of what is going to Asia. I have gone to the DMV for my new driver’s
license and license plates for Torsten the car.
The DMV gave me back my original license number. I still have it memorized after all these
years, so that makes things so easy. I
have found a dry cleaner. I have opened
a bank account. I got a library
card. I am SO looking forward to having
access to a library again. But that will
have to wait for November, as the check out period is 21 days.
Now that I am actually in Alaska I want to leap into all
kinds of things, so it is odd to be turning around and leaving for another
month. I want to start building a social
circle, scheduling events, skiing! I’ve
been on the road so long it’s hard to know where to start. Having just moved all my stuff, I now have an
enormous urge to nest and live with all of it!
I wouldn’t have saved it and moved it if I didn’t like it, so it makes
sense. So I will admit that despite
enjoying my footloose time, I am perusing real estate porn. Very dangerous and expensive.
My plan is to live with family and friends through
March. My mother the snowbirder will be
in Mexico beginning December 26th, and generously offered her condo
to me for that period. That will allow
me plenty of time to find the right housing.
But in less than 12 hours I am launching myself to Asia, a
trip for which I have done minimal planning.
This should be interesting. Stay
tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment