I snuck down to Seattle in early May to meet up with Hilary. I was the only mutual weekend we had free for 4+ months. Seriously, we are overscheduled people. Then I screwed it up by trying to renew my Nexus card and discovering I couldn’t do the in-person interview in Seattle, but had to go to Blaine (I say this once more…map!). But we took it as an opportunity to play along the beautiful coast of Washington. We walked the Semiahmoo Spit, checked out Birch Bay State Park, drove down Chuckanut Drive, and visited Bow and Edison where foodie heaven is underway. We had freshly made cheese, wine on the patio at Sloughfood, picked up noms at Breadfarm, and had blueberry ice cream at the Lopez Island Creamery. We then went and took a hike/got lost in Washington Park, in Anacortes. We watched a pod of dolphins cavort at Fidalgo Head until a Steller sea lion came and broke things up.






No comments:
Post a Comment