Saturday, June 20, 2015

Seattle Trip (II)

In later May, Brian and I took a week in Seattle to (hopefully) get the last of our Ikea needs met.  But the big draws were friends and family.  We stayed with the most amazingly awesome hosts – Chris and Kirk.  While trying to explain to Brian how we all knew each other, I had to admit that I met them by crashing a party at their house.  And then doing it twice more.  Thus great friendships are built.

Both (separately) Jenissa and Autumn trekked up from Oregon to spend a day with us.  That allowed us to play tourists and wander Pike Place, the waterfront, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, and have a three hour luncheon at Le Pichet.  Heaven.

We trekked (seriously, I’ve forgotten how heinous Seattle traffic can be) to the Eastside to visit the newest addition – Riley Flynn Clark Scattergood, who was born on April 8th.  He is both named for me, and born on my ½ birthday, so there is no way I’ll let this little boy out of my life.  While both his parents call him a Screamapillar, he was remarkably quiet during our time together.  Definitely trying to lure me into a false sense of security.  Babies are sneaky.


No comments:

Post a Comment