Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ljubljana


Well the first challenge of this place is how to pronounce it.  Luckily I received the advice to say it like Freddie Ljungberg.  Since he is one of three footballers I can name (Beckham and Pele being the other two), he’s Swedish, and he played for the Seattle Sounders – I am all over this!

Ljubljana and the country of Slovenia in general are lovely, but I think I am going to have to come back in the spring or summertime to really appreciate them.   But I have managed to enjoy the basics: the Castle, the National Museum (excellent archaeology exhibit), the other castle, and the Postojna Caves. 


Busy downtown Ljubljana.


Looks defensible to me.


Missed the Karst in Greece.  Found it here.  Pretty limestone.

Today I can report that Slovenia has is all over Croatia in terms of national liquors.  Croatia has Slivovitz, a plum-based schnaps.  Slovenia has Kejzar – blueberry liquor.  So good!!  Hic hic hic.  I’m off to sleep now.  Love ya’ll….


3 comments:

  1. methinks your blueberry liquor was telling by the time you wrote this particular post. Hic hic hic indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm even sadder I had to come home! Slovenia in the snow looks just about perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete