You knew it had to happen. The Vienna Boy's Choir. Christmas Mass. Haydn. In the Hofmusikkapelle. And just to be clear - Lindsey and I are POLITE tourists. We didn't take pictures during mass. This was before they started.
Then we went for a walk to shake off the incense and stretch our legs. It's been cold and quite foggy in Vienna. Very atmospheric, but less than ideal conditions for photography. Lindsey insisted on seeing some buildings, I others. So here we are kids, Big Ben....Parliament.
We swung by Palace Ephrussi. If you haven't done so by now, pick up a copy of 'The Hare with the Amber Eyes'. It's a fascinating book and so timely with my journeys through Paris and Vienna. But I think I'll skip the Odessa part for now. Tokyo tho....
After our walk we went to the Sacher Hotel (famous for the torte) and checked into the spa. Where I enjoyed a completely decadent chocolate scrub and massage. I smell great! Being so relaxed after that we went for a low key dinner of truffled risotto and ravioli. Back to the hotel for a bit of Christmas Skyping to the family, now off to sleep. We have a big day planned for tomorrow!

is the comment about "low key dinner of truffled risotto and ravioli" supposed to put us in a carb coma? I bet small children tried to follow you back to the hotel due to your fragrance...
ReplyDelete